The role of the Sales Manager for the North American supply chain is to build and maintain relationships with relevant customers in the supply chain market: freight forwarders, importers, and exporters. This position will require a hands-on approach to achieve the sales quota. Windward’s AI-powered solution is unique in the industry and has already garnered some impressive customers outside of North America.
The ideal candidate is capable of leading sales in a new territory with a new offering, from penetration to closing deals, while collaborating with other departments and stakeholders at Windward to share market feedback on products and services.
In this role, you will be working in a “startup environment” within the organization: leading the customer account planning, strategy, and sales cycle, and ensuring that customers’ needs and expectations are met by Windward.
- Develop and close the first customers in a new territory
- Provide leadership and direction to key supply chain prospects to create maximum client engagement and deep, strategic relationships
- Understand customer’s current relevant operations, workflows, and unmet needs
- Create and implement a penetration plan for each relevant department at targeted accounts (replacing the current vendor or adding Windward solutions)
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Proactively lead a joint company-account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a short and long-term period
- Participate in webinars, virtual and in-person events to learn about the market and become familiar with its ecosystem
- Closely collaborate with the relevant Product, Business Development, Marketing, and Customer Success team members.
- Interface and align with the other commercial directors
- Enlist the support of Solution Experts, SDRs, Customer Success resources, and other Sales and Management Resources
- Closely coordinate company executive involvement with customer management.