Metro Shipping is the UK’s leading privately owned logistics provider, importing and exporting the raw materials and finished products that feed, clothe, transport and protect consumers around the world.
Being an integral part of the supply chain ecosystem, they face on a daily basis many challenges that all ocean freight movers can relate to, especially following the extremes to which these challenges were propelled during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“This year has been one of the worst when it comes to being able to predict how your supply chain is going to perform” says Simon George, Technical Solutions Director at Metro Shipping. “Anything that could have gone wrong this year has gone wrong”
Metro shipping decided to take control over the visibility on their ocean freight with Windward’s Ocean Freight Visibility.
- Be the first to know – Know in real-time about critical delays and gain actionable insights on all your containers with the most accurate ETA predictions.
- Increase your reliability – Gain a consistent level of certainty and data quality about your customers’ ocean containers status, regardless of the chosen carrier
- Proactively mitigate risks – Engage in resolutions with the carriers by understanding the true reasons for any delay as it evolves.
- Reduce dwell time and demurrage charges – Reduce operational costs caused by ocean shipment delays and affecting the supply chain.
- Improve efficiency and scalability – Automate data collection and analysis process to enable your team to spend more time serving more customers and solve complex problems.
- Streamline your customer service – Integrate our live container visibility map into your customer portal to enable self-service instead of needing human assistance.