Windward is looking for an experienced Commercial Director to join us and be part of an exciting new AI solution to an unmet need in the supply chain-liner shipping field.
As supply chain visibility is one of the biggest pain points in the maritime ecosystem, Windward is expanding our core AI capabilities to address the challenges and opportunities that supply chain visibility and resilience present. This is an opportunity to help shape our next big push and make your mark on a new capability.
As Commercial Director, you will build key relationships, expand market scoping, and execute to drive new revenue meeting an annual quota. You will have to identify relevant business opportunities, define partnership strategies and execute go-to-market plans. This position reports to VP Sales.
- Provide leadership and direction across key client bases to ensure maximum client engagement and deep, strategic client relationships.
- Understand customers’ current relevant operations, workflows, and unmet needs.
- Build and be responsible for the implementation of the sales plan to meet the sales targets
- Discover and explore business opportunities and lead them all the way to closure
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders from C-level through to operational teams in those accounts
- Evaluate options and resolve internal priorities.
- Coordinate and align (handover if needed) with the regional commercial teams to properly cover the relevant accounts globally.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Participate in webinars, virtual and in-person events to learn about the market and get familiar with its ecosystem.