Windward is a global leader in maritime and technological innovation, empowering actionable decisions through its Predictive Intelligence solution by fusing artificial intelligence, big data, and maritime expertise Windward enables clients and partners to understand the maritime ecosystem and its broader impact on security, supply chain, finance, and business.
In the Application (AKA the Full-Stack) team, we are turning big data and clever AI into value, revolutionizing the maritime industry in general and our customers (current and future) in particular.
As part of your day to day, together with your team members, you will have the end-to-end ownership of a business or technological aspect of the product. You will be involved in the product from the moment of ideation, through the design and implementation phases, and until the moment it is being used by our customers..
As part of your role, you’ll be utilizing cutting-edge technologies to create value and change the world for the better. You will mainly be focused around React, GraphQL, NodeJS, a bit of Java & Python, AWS, MongoDB, CI-CD with Jenkins, Elasticsearch, and more… and even more important you will be surrounded by senior team members who will challenge you professionally and support you in your future growth.
Not less important, you will be joining a fast growing team, where you can use your experience and expertise to help us shape the future of our organization and work, impact the processes and development practices of the team as much as the architecture of our emerging products.
Who are you?
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- You are a highly technical and seasoned engineer, with strong opinions (loosely held) about what and how things should be built. You spend at least the last 6 years learning from industry experience
- You are experienced with modern FE development (Angular / React / Vue)
- Worked with public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) and enjoyed every minute of it
- You a big fan of shipping SW fast and continuously, know what it means, and did it for real life products
Other technologies that might be very relevant
- In depth knowledge of AWS services
- Docker, K8s
- Other BE languages like Java / Python
- Various data stores like Apache Cassandra, Postgres, MongoDB, and Redis
- Mapbox, google maps, leaflet