Windward is a global leader in maritime and technological innovation, empowering actionable decisions through its Predictive Intelligence solution by fusing artificial intelligence, big data, and maritime expertise Windward enables clients and partners to understand the maritime ecosystem and its broader impact on security, supply chain, finance, and business.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our DS team as part of the R&D group. SquiDS is a research team composed of data scientists and data analysts. We utilize WW data to address business questions in many domain verticals. Our researches are always around the core products of WW and yield lots of value to the company both by simply revealing patterns and phenomenas that answer the questions and by creating deploying and monitoring models that constantly serve customers and their needs.
You’ll be responsible for creating and implementing various models on unique datasets, developing the algorithm all the way from an idea to a working piece of code in production. The algorithms may be related to predictive modeling, classifications and ship behavioral patterns. You’ll be working on a scalable distributed research environment; you’ll be defining research tools on top of this environment that may be needed to improve your agility, and accurately measure algorithm performance. We are looking for a brilliant problem solver with a passion for data to join a fast paced company who is changing the maritime world
· Minimum 3 years of extensive experience with Python
· 3+ Years experience in development of machine learning algorithms in the industry
· Extensive experience in data analysis
· Familiarity with common ML pipelines, workflows and MLOps
· Deep learning experience – an advantage
· Experience with unsupervised and anomaly detection models – an advantage
· M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science / Statistics / Mathematics – an advantage