Sales Manager – Trading and Shipping
The role of the Sales Manager is to build and maintain relationships with relevant customers in the Trading and Shipping market. This position will require a hands-on approach to achieve the sales quota. Windward’s AI-powered solution is unique in the industry and has already garnered some impressive customers.
The ideal candidate is capable of leading sales in a territory with a new offering, from penetration to closing deals, while collaborating with other departments and stakeholders at Windward to share market feedback on products and services.
In this role, you will be working in a “startup environment” within the organization: leading the customer account planning, strategy, and sales cycle, and ensuring that customers’ needs and expectations are met by Windward.
The role reports to the Senior Commercial Director, Trading and Shipping.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Create and implement a penetration plan for each relevant department at targeted accounts (replacing the current vendor or adding Windward solutions)
- Provide leadership and direction to key Trading and Shipping prospects to create maximum client engagement and deep, strategic relationships.
- Understand customers’ current relevant operations, workflows, and unmet needs.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Proactively lead a joint company-account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a short and long-term period.
- Participate in webinars, virtual and in-person events to learn about the market and become familiar with its ecosystem.
- Closely collaborate with the relevant Product, Business Development, Marketing, and Customer Success team members.
- Interface and align with the other commercial sales team
- Enlist the support of Solution Experts, SDRs, Customer Success resources, and other Sales and Management Resources
- Closely coordinate company executive involvement with customer management.