A unique opportunity to join a company aiming to make a difference in the business world!
Windward is the leading Maritime AI™ company, offering a decision support platform to accelerate global trade. Stakeholders can make real-time, predictive intelligence-driven decisions with Windward’s insights and actionable visibility.
We seek an experienced Solution Expert Manager (SEM) to join our commercial team based in London. In this role you will work alongside our sales directors to.work with prospects on understanding the value of our products and services. To achieve this you will need a deep understanding of Windward’s offering, the underlying technology, as well as the customers’ needs and market developments including competing products
Our work environment is dynamic, fun, and fast-paced and will enable you to take the initiative and grow together with the company.
- The SEM’s main responsibility is to drive the technical aspects of the sales process to transform each prospect to a customer.
- Be a subject matter expert for Windward’s portfolio offering. Have Hands on knowledge and experience to work with the product, demo it and troubleshoot if needed.
- Understand the prospect’s business unmet needs and address it with compelling solutions to win their business.
- Be the key point of contact to prospective clients during the entire sales process;
- Craft and refine sales pitches, lead demo meetings and presentations, conduct trials, and write technical reports and dedicated professional materials to convert prospects.
- Create effective proposals and answers to RFPs/RFIs by understanding prospect business, needs, and system infrastructure.
- Communicate insights to various stakeholders to improve the customer experience within the company, including marketing, customer success, product, and R&D.
- Understand the industry ecosystem and competitive landscape, and be able to address it with WW value proposition and differentiators (technical and operational).
- 5 years of experience as a Solution Expert / Pre-Sales in a SaaS company that is selling into regulated industries or experience in working in the shipping industry.
- Technical acumen and hands on experience in working with REST API and GQL – must.
- Experience in compliance risk analysis and business intelligence and familiarity with its valuation methodologies – advantage.
- In-depth understanding of how decisions are made in enterprise dynamic environments
- Willingness to travel as needed (up to 50%).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, quick learner, curious and open-minded
- Familiarity with CRM (Salesforce etc.)- an advantage
- Maritime expertise- an advantage
- Experience working in a global company with HQ outside Europe- an advantage
Hybrid role – expected to be in the office 3 times a week (Blackfriars).